Tuesday, February 28, 2012

English speakers!I read those somewhere and i can t get it?

Australia has armed herself. Why?

Because of China's millions to the north. Australia

has voted solid for a white Australia, and rigidly

excluded the coloured man. Why? Not because

she fears the Kanaka who helped to develop her

sugar plantations, but because she fears the yellow

man and his tireless energy and his low standard of

living.







Because of China's millions to the north ??



millions to the north ??

Australia

has voted solid for a white Australia



voted solid??English speakers!I read those somewhere and i can t get it?
This is basically saying that Australia does not want chinese people in their country.



Voted solid= they have chosen to make Australia whites only not yellows lol. IDK
It's from the book: A Woman In Australia:

http://www.archive.org/stream/womaninchi鈥?/a>English speakers!I read those somewhere and i can t get it?
millions of chinese live in china which is north west of Australia, for political reasons they were the chosen threat, not in any way real.



Voted solid is slang meaning the vote was very much in favour of the white Australia policy, all of which is history and has no relation to Australia now
"Because of China's millions to the north"

because of China's millions (of soldiers?) to the north



If I have thousands of pennies and someone asks me how many pennies I have, I can simply say, "I have thousands" instead of "I have thousands of pennies"



"voted solid"

voted unanimously, a majority voted FOR a white Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment