Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can anyone find out who my great grandmother Percilla or Priscilla Williams was sold too.?

This is what Joyce wrote: do anyone have more to add to this?



Are you looking for her in the census?

She is in th 1880 census.

Or are you looking for a death certificate?



When and where was your grandfather born?



Estimated Birth Year: abt 1844

Age in 1870: 26

Birthplace: North Carolina

Home in 1870: Faison, Duplin, North Carolina

Race: Black

Gender: Female



Post Office: Faisons Depot

Household Members: Name Age

Edward Hill 28

Rose Hill 26

Arthur Hill 12

Betsey Hill 10

Julia Hill 8

Brady Hill 6

Dempsey Hill 4

Willie Hill 2

Mary Hill 3/12



I know that these are some of my great grandmother's brother and sisters, my grandfather's aunts and uncles, but to answer your question. YES!......I need a death certificate, a married license, anything that will help me find her.



My grandfather name was Joseph Williams he was raise up in Kenansville, Warsaw, NC but I don't know what year maybe around 1903. He remember his sisters, Nancy, Lucy, and LillieBell or Rosabell, his brother was John or Jonathan, there may have been more, he couldn't remember them. my biggest question is where is his mother PRICELLA, Priscilla, or Priscella? WHAT HAPPENED TO HER? or his father (Mr Williams) he said his father name was John Williams but I am not so sure that is True. Unless he was fathered by the slave master, secondly he remembers living on a plantation he said was owned by Cooper Williams, I searched and couldn't find much about him. all I know is that something took place between the Coopers, Williams. Carr,and Hill families, there are many more, but this is what my grandfather remembered at 95!.....AND! he thinks his mother died in Magnolia. and she had possibly married a man name Sandy Brown who was in the militaryCan anyone find out who my great grandmother Percilla or Priscilla Williams was sold too.?
It is unlikely that your great grand mother was sold to anyone, since she was born in 1870.

There are 6 Percillas in the 1910 census.

Name: Lillie Williams

Gender: Female

Race: Black

Age: 20

Birth Date: 28 Jan 1897

Birth Place: Duplin CO Warsaw Township, North Carolina, United States

Death Date: 17 Dec 1917

Death Location: Warsaw, Duplin

Father's Name: John Williams

Mother's Name: Mary Percilla Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment